Anglican Diocese of Edmonton
The Diocese of Edmonton is a diocese of the Ecclesiastical Province of Rupert's Land of the Anglican Church of Canada. The diocese comprises almost 78,000 square kilometres of the civil Province of Alberta, consisting of a band across the central part of the province, extending to the borders of the adjacent provinces of British Columbia to the west and Saskatchewan to the east. Its See city is Edmonton, and its roughly 77,000 Anglicans (of whom about 10,000 are active) are served by 63 congregations grouped in 54 parishes.
The diocese was established in 1913 when it was divided from the Diocese of Calgary (which in turn had been divided from the Diocese of Saskatchewan in 1888). The following year, the diocese was incorporated by the Alberta legislature.
Edmonton is the major city within the diocese. Other communities are a mix of small, rural centres and suburban bedroom communities of the capital.
The current Bishop, Jane Alexander, was installed on May 11, 2008. She formerly served as the Dean of All Saints' Cathedral.
A lay order, the Company of the Cross ran the Saint John's School of Alberta which closed in 2008. In the past, the school and order were specifically under the control of the diocese and bishop. More details on Wikipedia