Beth Israel Synagogue (Edmonton)
Beth Israel Synagogue (Hebrew: בית ישראל) is a Modern Orthodox synagogue located at 131 Wolf Willow Road NW in the Oleskiw neighbourhood in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Founded in 1906 as the Edmonton Hebrew Association, it is the city's oldest synagogue.
Beth Israel's (and Edmonton's) first rabbi was Hyman Goldstick, recruited from Toronto in 1906; he was later elected mayor of Edson, Alberta. The congregation's Hebrew school, founded in 1907, would share space with the congregation until 1925, and later became Canada's first Jewish day school.
Over the years, the congregation has occupied three different buildings; in 1912 it moved into its first building on 95th Street. It moved into its second building, on 113th Street, in 1952, and moved into its current location in 2000.
Long-serving rabbis include A. Pinksy (1912–1933) and Abraham Postone (1941–1955). Current serving rabbinic team is Rabbi Daniel and Rabbanit Batya Friedman (2002–Present). More details on Wikipedia