Edmonton Alberta Temple

The Edmonton Alberta Temple is the 67th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). The temple was the second to be built in Alberta; the first was built in Cardston in 1923. The temple serves about 15,700 members in the area. The exterior of the temple is white granite and has a single spire topped by a statue of the angel Moroni. The groundbreaking services were held on February 27, 1999. Before the dedication of the temple, a public open house was held. LDS Church president Gordon B. Hinckley dedicated the temple on December 11-12, 1999. The Edmonton Alberta Temple has a total of 10,700 square feet (990 m2), two ordinance rooms, and two sealing rooms. More details on Wikipedia