Lakeview Generating Station

The Lakeview Generating Station was an Ontario Power Generation coal-burning station located in Lakeview, a community just east of Port Credit, in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. The former station, constructed in 1958-1962, was located just east of Lakeshore Road and Cawthra Road. The four stacks of the station were known as the Four Sisters; the eight boilers of the generating plant all 'twinned' their emissions into common stacks. (Similar technology had been used in several of the four funnel liners that historically plied the North Atlantic.) The station was a landmark for years and was shut down in April, 2005, after 43 years of service. The four stacks, which could be seen from as far away as Burlington to the west and downtown Toronto to the east, were demolished on June 12, 2006. The rest of the building was demolished on June 28, 2007. More details on Wikipedia