Wembley is a town in northern Alberta, Canada. It is located approximately 23 km (14 mi) west of Grande Prairie at the junction of Highway 43 and Highway 724. A resident of Wembley is known as a "Wemblian", or "Wembleyite".
Land around Wembley was surveyed for homesteads in 1909, settlers beginning to arrive in 1910. The railroad survey was completed from Grande Prairie to Pouce Coupe in 1916 and the townsite of Wembley was surveyed in 1923. The railway arrived in 1924.
The present town-site is four and a half miles south of the original hamlet of Lake Saskatoon and when the railway arrived in 1924 many buildings were hauled over the four and one half miles of snow-covered trails from Lake Saskatoon to their new foundations in Wembley. The name Wembley was chosen by the Lake Saskatoon Board of Trade at the time of the British Empire Exposition at Wembley in England.
The post office opened in November 1924, the first postmaster being RB Sinclair.
Wembley reached village status January 3, 1928 and town status August 1, 1980. More details on Wikipedia